Students wishing to be considered for the four-person national team that will attend the International Chemistry Olympiad must fulfill ALL of the following criteria:
- Complete all the on-line problem sets (October – March)
- Complete the take-home examination (available March 1st)
- Write Parts A & C of the Canadian Chemistry Contest (April)
- Attend the National Camp and complete the final selection exam (May/June)
- Participate in the National Team Training (June/July)
To be selected for the National Camp students must complete all problem sets, the Take home exam and the CCO exam and be among the top 10% on the aggregate score on the three (with the Problem sets worth 5%, the Take home exam worth 15% and the CCO worth 80% of the score). Students who do not complete the take home will not be eligible for the National Camp or IChO. Invitations to the National Camp will be sent to students within the top ~10% of students based on the above criteria.